The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Confusion
In Response To: Heuer 100 Results ()

I'll admit, I'm still a little confused - and maybe this is something to work on in the future.

I placed bids on six watches. I received 14 confirmation e-mails (yes, two for four of the watches and three for the other two). After that -- radio silence. And visiting the product pages doesn't tell me much more. My high bid was higher than the final price for two of the six watches. I didn't receive an e-mail saying I'd won. I didn't receive an e-mail saying the reserve hadn't been met. Nothing, which leads to confusion. Makes me wonder if I owe a payment, or if I missed my window to pay and somebody else scooped the watch from under me.

I think communication is crucial. Frankly, I feel eBay sales are more transparent than this sale was. That said, they've been doing it for 20 years and this is your first shot.

Big congrats are in order for getting 100 quality Heuers together for a single sale. I look forward to the next one, and just hope that bidders/buyers are kept a bit less in the dark.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE