The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Impressions Four through Seven (and a Wrist Shot)
In Response To: First Impressions . . . ()

OK . . . a few more very quick impressions, a few hours later:

• Fourth Impression – It really does look good, from the distance of eye to wrist . . . sits well on the wrist . . . Yes, I really do want one of these original Breitling Co-Pilots
  • Fifth Impression – When will I possibly wear this watch? On what occasion? Maybe I need to stop throwing away money, in $200 increments.
  • Sixth Impression – This thing is really well-built for the price. Case looks good; rotating bezel, with clicks for each hour, is strong. Really good attention to detail for $200.
  • Seventh Impression – Would this be a fun way of introducing the newbie to the look and feel of a vintage watch? Or could someone wear this, to see whether they really want to drop $10,000 on the original vintage Breitling? Not so sure about that? What about the millennial wanting to buy his or her “first real watch”, and walking into the mall with a $200 budget. Why not offer something that mimics (copies??) one of the all-time classic designs, rather than another $200 mall watch that another millennial just drew on a white board?
Bottom Line – Dan Henry has done a nice job of making a new, affordable watch that was inspired by one of the classics. He has a great eye for vintage watches, and now he has gone from looking at them (and collecting them) to actually making a homage watch / knock-off / whatever we might call it, and I wish him every success in this venture.

I will have this model 1963 in my rotation for a while, and it ever falls out of favor, then it will make a nice watch for one of the many millennials in our family.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Upon request . . . my first impressions: First impression --
: it's a hell of a thing for $200!! Certainly looks great, on the
: wrist!! Second impression -- am I aiding and abetting the theft
: of Breitling's beautiful design / intellectual property? Third
: impression -- to hell with Breitling!! Look at the absolute
: garbage they are making right now . . . maybe Breitling can
: learn something from Mr. Henry, about doing re-issues!! I will
: promise a wrist-shot, later this afternoon.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE