The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sure . . . OK with "Passing" at $3,000!!
In Response To: Fascinating ()

I decided "no" . . . and feel good about the decision (in view of the ending price). This one might have been fun for $500 to $1,000, but at closer to $3,000, I need more than the scarcity / origin-of-species / collectibility / oddity / colors . . . I really do want to like the watch

The list of the watches that I have passed on over the last 15 years is amazing . . . the Skipperrera at $3,000; the Chronomatic Monaco at $2,600; the Exotic Autavia at $3,500 . . . and so many more. But I suppose I also passed on Apple stock at the time of its IPO and Google, as well, and this little start up in Atlanta called "Home Depot". No tears for the ones I have missed; just happy with the ones that I have, and the pleasure that this hobby has brought.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Ha, fascinating to see how perception has changed in such a
: (relatively) short time period.

: Still feel this way, Jeff? ;)
: http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=24859

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE