The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The dial, hands, bezel and case seem correct...but

a Calibre 11 in a 11630GMT seems very strange...I've always seen them with Calibre 14. If this was an 1163 the calibre 11 would have been fine minus the dial/hands/bezel configuration...

A possible theory if this is an early 11630 GMT, perhaps Heuer had some extra calibre 11s that needed to be exhausted...

Another is perhaps it had a service and it needed a new movement and if it was done by Heuer...and they didn't have any Calibre 14s left but had a reserve of Calibre 11s...they ended up replacing it.

Another theory and possibly my last...it could be put-together they failed to consider the movement would be the flag for people who are used to seeing them with Calibre 14s.

Hope others can shed more info.

Cheers,
~George

: Hi gents,

: If you dont mind I would like to revisit a Heuer from the Watches
: of Knightsbridge auction in March.
: Here is the link to the watch, it is a "nos" Heuer gmt.

:
: https://whitelabel.globalauctionplatform.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/watchesofknightsbridge/catalogue-id-srwatc10019/lot-a5b8dd74-7beb-4b9f-ae91-a72400a8d4b6?clienturl=watchesofknightsbridge

: I am quite curious to hear opinions because after spending a
: considerable amount of time on otd. I dont think this watch
: should exist.
: Without going into iterations of dials movements etc, the dial,
: case, movement, hands combination and the serial number dont add
: up. Normally speaking i would write it off as a franken, but i
: have seen and handled the watch and it really is (almost) nos.
: Has anybody ever seem a similar watch?
: Look forward to your thoughts, input, observations and theories.
: Thanks.

: Kind regards,

: Karel

Messages In This Thread

Heuer gmt, cal 11 in 11630 case, dial combo
The dial, hands, bezel and case seem correct...but
Re: The dial, hands, bezel and case seem correct...but
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE