The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Isn't it a 110.503 N ? *LINK*
In Response To: Looks Good to Me ()

Not sure I agree Jeff, I believe this "represents"/"replicates" a correct Heuer Montreal, the 110.503 N, as described in the 1974 catalog.

Certainly there is no question at all in my mind that the dial and tachy ring are 100% Heuer parts, and I don't see what other case/hand combination this dial would have come with.

Unless you saw something wrong with hands? Not sure anything wrong, as hands look the same (if a bit worn) as in my unmodified original 110.503 B.

btw: the case has correct 110.503 inscription.

The idea was to have a perfect (if put together) version of a Montreal that Heuer produced. I agree "creative" put togethers of versions Heuer never produced can be fun, but I looked at OtD to often to enjoy something like that anymore. But, as long as all parts perfect for the model, then it feels ok to me.

Anyone else have any opinions?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE