The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: how do they compare on the wrist?

: it seems the new autavia is slightly bigger proportionally than the
: older one.

The weight difference is evident as the head itself is certainly heavier, but add to that the BOR bracelet which has some serious weight to it it's substantially heavier....in a good way.

I've found the new Autavia very comfortable on the wrist, even with my relatively small wrists.

The bracelet has great adjustment on it and it's very comfortable fit wise in this regard, and has just the right amount of free play I want.

Bezel rotates nice and mechanically and has a very solid feel to it especially when clicking. It does feel extremely high quality and certainly puts to bed any of the old Tag Heuer quality complaints due to them feeling light

Not sure what else there is to say on it except it is a great looking and feeling piece and if you can look past the official 15.6 mm thickness (I measured 15.7mm) thickness and except 1.5mm of that is the domed crystal then it's a great watch. It does sit a little too tall for what I want from a brand new watch, but I may just need time to adjust to it.....although it will still struggle to fit under a cuff.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE