The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: WatchGirl001 was the Seller of the Dial

Watchgirl001 here!

Jeff,

You are correct. I had much going on when this dial went up for sale. It was not easy to see someone posing my Dial for sale as a "reject". I do think though since July 2017 we have set our differences aside on this piece. I do enjoy reading the forum regularly. It is not easy in this industry as a young, working woman as there are not many of us out there, but my passion for Heuer usually lets me set differences aside. I hope we can continue discussing pieces directly as you have so much knowledge in the Heuer world and i love to pick at your knowledge.

Please keep in mind when selling this dial I had never sold a more beautiful piece than this! I also had never sold something as pretentious, so it was very CHAOTIC for me as a seller. I have never received any complaints from buyers saying they were unhappy with service or the product. No foul play in my dealings and I plan to continue my sales in this manner. I hope we have move passed any issues with this piece and we can all Enjoy the beauty of it! It looks great on Carlo's wrist that is for sure! I am always willing to working with anyone willing to work with me. You and your team Jeff are a big part of my business and I appreciate the time you all have taken on "OnTheDash". Without it I would not be learning as much as I have over these past 5 years of selling vintage Heuer, so for that... I thank you.

If anyone would like to reach out to me directly I now have instagram up @watchgirl001.

: Watchgirl001 was the seller of this dial . . . here is her eBay
: profile .

: My dealings with her re this dial were strange . . . perfectly
: cordial text messages; then she sent some additional photos . .
: . still very pleasant; I was going to make an offer, but was in
: a meeting . . . all good, both sides; and then she ended the
: auction . . . still very pleasant, as I congratulated her on the
: successful sale.

: Then she went hostile, saying that she was no longer willing to
: work with me directly, perhaps when she saw that I had posted
: the photo of the dial on this forum. The irony, of course, is
: that we had never "worked directly", just a lot of
: text messages, but I never made any offers on any of her items,
: and she never offered an item to me. She also asked me not to
: bid on any of her items going forward, which is a request that I
: can live with.

: On the previous IMS Autavia dial that she had listed (maybe in
: May), I know that at least one member of our community found her
: very difficult to deal with . . . as he tells it, they had a
: handshake on a price, and then she reneged, demanding a higher
: price. Sort of a classic "he said . . . she said"
: scenario.

: During the most recent listing, I asked her whether she has more of
: these "special" dials, and she took the "no
: comment" approach. So I am guessing that we will see more
: of them, either on eBay or more likely in private sales.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE