The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hey, Thanks Chuck ! ! !

for around 25 years, Chuck had been searching for the Gallet Excel-O-Graph, to replace the one that he owned during the high school years. A couple of years ago, I spotted this fine example, sent the link his direction, and Chuck landed the watch.

Well, as I looked at the photos, and admired the colors and neat design of the Whiz-Wheel bezel, I sort of wished that I could find one for myself. Realizing that Chuck had searched for so many years, I assumed that my satisfaction would come only from helping Chuck find his chrono, and that I would never own one myself, or even see it in the metal.

Well, can you believe that last Thursday, Chuck sent me an e-mail message, indicating that someone had one for sale (shown below). It arrived today in the morning mail, and I have been smiling ever since. No, it's not quite as pretty as Chuck's, but it also wasn't quite as expensive . . . and soon we'll see how it looks with a new crystal and a touch of luminous paint on the hands.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE