The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Valuation statement
In Response To: Valuation statement ()

I don’t know Morgan but from a quick search on the internet my guess is that he doesn’t care what it might be worth in 2020 or 2030. The last Hodinkee Skipper that I saw for sale, sold for $13500 online so it’s not a giant leap as a record price in reality. Your comment about original Carrera doesn’t seem all that relevant, unless you refer to price of a Skipperera in the same condition which is the better comparison and much more expensive. Neither would I imagine does the price of a 1163v Autavia, a 1680 Rolex sub or a club sandwich and a pint of beer!

Well, you can disagree with me, but i'm prepared to say that nobody
: will pay $14,000 for that watch again before 2020.
: One buyer does not make a market, and there are plenty of watches
: in the $10-14,000 bracket that collectors will be buying before
: that watch.....pepsi Rolexes of the 80's and 90's come to mind
: for just a start.

: And just to add, if that watch is worth $14,000 to more than a few,
: then what are original Carrera's doing?

: He paid too much...simple.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE