The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Very Different Looking Watches

Not that it will necessarily help you with the decision, but these are two very different looking watches . . . and they are also different from the mechanical perspective.

The 7753 is a traditional looking round case, with the distinctive Carrera lugs . . . a classic watch made circa 1970, with its roots going back at least a decade.

The Silverstones are entirely different animals. Creatures of the 1970s, perhaps conceived as some softening of the sharp edges of the Monaco.

In the end, it's a question of which look appeals to you / how you want to present yourself. Traditionalist with a relatively quiet watch? Or at the cutting edge, with just a little softening? There is also the question of the colors, which are very different.

It's nice to have these choices!! Please let us know what you decide!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Friends, i have decided to buy my first vintage Heuer. I am torn
: between two models. One is the 7753 panda or reverse panda and
: the other one, perhaps less popular (not sure), is the original
: Heuer Silverstone with the blue dial. What are your views and
: preferences? Cheers
: -Ibi

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE