The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Serial Numbers for the "Orange Boy"
In Response To: Orange Boy - Serial Number ()

I believe that we see authentic Orange Boys with serial numbers in the 204xxx range and a lot of them with serial numbers in the 224xxx range (both these ranges allowing for other cases plus or minus a thousand).

In particular, the 204xxx guys would coincide with some 1163 MH Autavias and some of the so-called pre-Viceroys. We see them with bracelets or papers marked for 1970 or 1971. Movements would typically be the Caliber 11.

No doubt, the Orange Boys were in the market before the commencement of the Viceroy promotion (early 1972), evidenced by the fact that in the Viceroy advertisement (for the $88 Autavias), the racer seems to be wearing an Orange Boy.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello Heuer fellows,

: Based on Rich C. and Paul G. book Heuer Autavia, Orange Boy
: black dial SN should be 241, 242 and 243.
: Mine is 242xxx with 2 arrows and the c-number (from Cuanillon
: distributor) on the caseback, powered by a Cal-12 and with GF
: stamped 1/71 and sold on the Swiss market.
: However, I have noticed recently quite a few Orange Boy with SN as
: 203/ 204/ 205 and also 223/ 224.
: What are they: a put-together watch? or legit?
: If legit, does it mean these Orange Boy have been produced earlier
: than the 241-243 batch? and sold before?
: What about the caliber inside these Orange Boy? Seem to be powered
: by Cal-11 or Cal-11i?
: Thanks,

: Antoine (ig: watch__ever)

Messages In This Thread

Orange Boy - Serial Number
Serial Numbers for the "Orange Boy"
Serial Numbers for the "Orange Boy" up to 247xxx
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE