The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yet more Lemans Screen Snaps!

I was watching this movie again today, love it. It is so head and shoulders above any other Hollywood production on Auto Racing it is sad... It'll take another Steve McQueen with the will to take a year out of his life to commit to a project on this scale before we see it's equal. Anyway... Some scans...

I could just take screen snaps of the action all day!

Steve McQueen at the wheel...

I've been told the best way to appreciate the Porsche 917k is to step away and consider the whole of the design. Conversely the best way to appreciate the Ferrari 512S is to step close and examine the details... Just don't do so at speed! (probably around 190-210mph in this shot)

Nearing the end of the Musaine Straight... Ok, you're saying... Where are the watch shots?

Interestingly enough, the Ferrari team uses Leonidas stopwatches to time laps.

Entering the chicane at the head of the pit straight...

I finally got a decent shot of the fellow in the stands wearing a Breitling!

Enjoy!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE