The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

The "original" Bond watch
In Response To: Re: Opinions on quartz "Bond" ()

: Unless your friend had a gun to your head during the
: transaction, you did have a choice. But there is no reason
: to think you chose poorly!

That's right. I bought my quartz Seamaster Pro just over a year ago and have been absolutely delighted with it. I'd say there's no better built, better looking, more accurate watch at the price. And, of course, it's the quartz model -- and not the chrono -- which is the original Bond SM Pro, as first seen in 'GoldenEye'. ;-)

: The quartz model is excellent. It is by far one of the best
: watches in its price range for accuracy. Several owners
: have reported to me their quartz Seamaster Pros staying
: within +/-3 seconds PER MONTH.

I can beat that. Mine ticks into place dead on the GMT time signal on the radio month after month. I can honestly say I've never known a watch stay so accurate for so long.

: And, if you have read the zOwie Seamaster FAQ, you would have
: seen that the quartz version has the unique ability to
: change the hour without stopping the second hand. That is
: great for changing timezones while traveling or switching
: on/off daylight savings time without losing the accurate
: time synchronization of the watch.

A great feature.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE