The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Agreed. A lot has to do with age as well....

Dave, I agree with you on the age thing. Being 32, I can still remember when I thought Heuers were the coolest thing. I was a Heuer owner in my teens before Mansour Ojeh's TAG operation took over Heuer and slowly starte producing tacky watches. Their new designs grow old quickly. To me the last good looking Heuer was the 1000 series. It's the same thing with cars, and not even Porsche is immune. I myself only drive an air-cooled 911 and will always drive an air-cooled 911. To me the 993 is the last Porsche produced. There is a lack of taste in the design and consumption side lately that is utterly disturbing. That is why I appreciate products like the Speedmaster, Seamaster (whose case design is based on the Speedmster), and even Submariners. Yes Rolex. And the reason is I don't believe in change for the sake of change, and Rolex follows that credo. Love them or hate them, they are true to that belief. Constant change devalues not just the old product, but the new product itself. That is one of the resons why Submariners and Speedmasters keep their value so well. Same thing with cars. The other day my wife goes out in the parking lot and just could not believe how ugly cars are looking. In the seventies, there was a lack of desing input in the automotive field. Now there is too much. Form is supposed to follow function. And to me, that Form follows it only when really necessary. I am not alone on this Breitling dislike. Go to Chuck Maddox's site and he has a really good argument against Tackling's overdone styling.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE