The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Black Dial GMT with New Style "Speedy" Bracelet
In Response To: GMT clasp change ()

I just called Omega/Swatch Group in New Jersey to ask about this watch. It is available as model 2234.50.00 as an International version, not available in the US. The US version is still the model 2534.50.00 and has the older style "Bond" bracelet with the single button, hidden, slide clasp.

If you want it with the New Style "Speedy" bracelet from a US Dealer, here's what I suggest.

Buy the watch on the Rubber Strap as model 2834.50.91. This runs $1895 MSRP. Then buy the Bracelet as a replacement part for the Seamaster Pro Non-America's Cup model 2230.50.00. Last I heard, this bracelet runs 357.50 MSRP. My Dealer tries to keep a couple in stock. Make sure your Dealer gives you a discount on both. This is equivalent to buying the watch on the bracelet (you want) and getting the strap that goes with it for only $100 - $150 depending on the discount your Dealer gives you.

If you don't want the strap, you can sell it for the difference. You may also propose to your Dealer that you purchase it on the strap, and have him swap the strap for the new bracelet and charge you based on the retail price of the bracelet model. He is then free to sell the strap. But he may not go for this, because a dealer doesn't want to build up a stock of straps or bracelets he can't sell. I know mine will do this, but only if he keeps an equilibrium of Straps & Bracelets in stock.

This method also works well with onther models like the black/black Seamaster Pro.

Best WIShes,

Keith Downing

Messages In This Thread

GMT clasp change
Re: GMT clasp change
Black Dial GMT with New Style "Speedy" Bracelet
Re: GMT clasp change
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE