The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

My prediction on the "Battle of the Bonds..."
In Response To: SMP 300 vs Bond SE ()

: In this particular context, do you think there
: is anything special in this watch which
: would offset the initial price increase so
: as to make it more a more worthwile purchase
: than the "standard" one?

No. I do not believe the "James Bond Special Edition" is worth the difference. Too expensive for the novelty item that it is. 10,007 pieces is NOT very "limited" at all, so expect no rareness value. Plus this type of item is too risky that after the hype of the current Bond film, the interest value of it will drop rapidly.

I'd suggest getting the standard Bond SMP and spend a few extra bucks getting one of the Swatch 007 watches to have as you low cost, low risk, lotsa fun Bond novelty watch. See the Swatch site at www.swatch.com for all the choices.

But in the USA, I expect the used watch market to become flooded with them and the resale price to plummet to close to that of the the standard Bond SMP.

If you still think you want the Omega James Bond Limited Edition, wait until February 2003 for the people that jumped on them on impulse or received one for a holiday present get tired of them and they start appearing at used watch dealers and online for sale forums.

I also foresee that since Omega has made too large a "limited" edition, even the authorized dealers will have trouble selling them all and may make collossal deals on the remaining ones to move them out.

So as you can see, I consider this watch to be a BIG mistake by Omega. While the watch itself is kinda neat, I believe they blew it by not limiting it to a substantially smaller number--like 1,007 pieces--not 10,007.

Will be pleasantly surprised if my predictions don't come true. The only place I predict this Limited Edition to really be a success in the Japanese market.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE