The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

STUPID Bond Gagetry

Hi folks, thought I'd share something with you all that has been bothering me for sometime.

If any of you out there who has seen the last Bond flick, The World is Not Enough, then you might agree with me that the high-strength wire shooting out of the Seamaster is definately one of, if not, the most stupid and unplausible gagetry in the history of Bond films.

I mean, its obvious that they are running out of fresh ideas and its 'been there, done that' after 19+ movies. But c'mon! During that scene, you see the bezel spinning as it reels out the wire to save Bond and Denise Richard's(cute) ass. The wire had to be at least 50ft, 1/4 inch in diameter. There is no way for the bezel, or even the watch itself to be able to house that much cable. Even if it could, the wire would be thin as threads, leaving no room for the movement of the watch. I know it's a Bond flick and I shouldn't take it too seriously, but I think anyone who is even semi-intelligent can relate to me on this one.

On the other hand, I have here a top 10 list of the coolest Bond movie gagetry and weaponry(in my opinnion):

10. Oddjob's guilletine hat from Goldfinger

9. Scalamaga's Golden Gun- a Colibri Lighter, pen, and cigarette case)

8. Bond's acid squirting Mont Blanc pen from Octopussy.

7. Bond's x-ray shades from The World is Not Enough. Wishful thinking, Q.

6. The miniture jet piloted by Bond to escape in the openning scene from Octopussy.

5. Rocket backpack used by Bond to escape in the openning scene From Thunderball.

4. Bond's self-destructing Lotus Esprit in For Your Eyes Only.

3. Bond's Stinger-equipped Aston Martin from The Living Daylights.

2. Bond's mine-laying speed boat from Moonraker.

1. The Walther WA2000 Sniper Rifle used by Bond in The Living Daylights.(Fact: an actual existing sniper rifle, very rare, and worth about US$20,000).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE