The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: UPDATE - New Seamaster Pro
In Response To: Re: UPDATE - New Seamaster Pro ()

It's kind of interesting the dealer would respond to you that way, and I had something similar happen to me with a 2296.80 that broke after just three weeks of wear. I personally think the owner of this business (and this store WAS an AD) ran a used gray market watch in on me, because there was only ONE wrranty card, and having a plunger stem come out of an Omega is alsmost unknown. In addition, I got a 37.5% discount, which is beyond what a dealer should be able to legally do. At any rate, it was supposedly sent in for repair, and after about 5 weeks of calling they finally told me the watch was back in the store. I went in, and it turns out the watch wasn't back after all. I was told it was a computer error. I was totally pissed. Another 6 weeks go by, and they finally tell me the watch is back in this time. I go into the store, and they tell me a SECOND time that it's really not there, and I go absolutely ballistic. After about 20 minutes I'm walking out the door with a refund check, and I sincerely regret the fact that I didn't pull back my black leather trenchcoat (I'm 6'3" and 240) during the argument to allow the butt of my EAA 10mm to stick out of my waistband a bit.

In my case, I think the AD knew she was screwed when the used watch she sold me broke, because it had already been registered with Omega somewhere else, and if she had sent it in as a warranty repair alarm bells would have gone off in Omega somewhere. As such, it just sat in the jewelry store, which is why the store computer was showing it to be on the premises. I also found out that the employees of this store were NOT in on the scam, because there was this akward moment when I brought the watch in for repair where one of the lackeys asked me where the OTHER TWO warranty cards were, and I said that I had only gotten one with the watch to begin with. A funny look passed across his face, and then he quickly said it was no big deal, but all of this happened before I became a member in here, so I didn't know what was going on.

It defnitely sounds like you aren't the original owner of that watch, and I agree that you DESERVE a NEW watch from this dealership IMMEDIATELY. I would confront the manager with the comment about this being the second time you brought the watch back, and DEMAND a new watch or a full refund on the spot. Coughing up a solid four figures for a watch and having NOTHING on your wrist for a least three months is just plain consumer fraud.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE