The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Some answers..
In Response To: 911 flightmaster WOW ()

Hi Darren,

Wow ! you've found some great watches recently.

Whilst it's possible that Omega put a red dot on their watches in the 70's, I've never seen one on a watch of that age. Most current watches "lose" their red dit within a couple of years.

Maybe the watch has been recently serviced & the dot was re-added by the watch maker ?

Before you decide to get a new case you shold price up the cost of a restore job at Omega Bienne. They completely restored my example, for an absolute wreck to a great watch.

My flightmaster

Depending on what the case costs, an Omega restoration maybe good value. Omega will not sell you a case, you'll have to have get the watch restored. BUT you'll then have a perfect flightmaster, with a complete mechanical Overhaul, from Omega, which has a 2 year ( transferable, guarantee.

If you look through the thread linked to above, you'll find the costs. I'd thoroughly recommend getting the Certificate of Authenticity. It will also add value to the watch.

The Box you mention is the correct box. I've never seen a box with the 911 on it. I'm always willing to be proved wrong, but until I see one, I don't believe it exists. I'm sure Omega/ the Jewellers also sold the flightmasters in "normal" boxes from that period.

As for the instruction booklet, as you cansee from my site, there are a number of different leaflets available. They are always sought after ( regardless of model ). Having a brochure / leaflet as a "swap" is not a bad idea.

Maybe Santa is bringing a Camera for you ?

All the Best

Steve

Messages In This Thread

911 flightmaster WOW
Some answers..
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE