The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Some Clarifications (hopefully) on AD's...
In Response To: Internet Sales (non-gray) ()

Some clarifications on AD's and internet sales...

Omega, and I suspect many other makers do not permit it's AD's (Authorized Dealers) to do business over the internet. If an AD were to actually conduct a sale over the internet, and Omega found out, they'd likely get their Authorized Dealer's agreement pulled post haste.

However, it's my understanding that AD's are permitted to display on their website that they are an Authorized Dealership, and I believe they are permitted to display pictures/descriptions of watches they carry. But they are not permitted to have mechanisms in place on any websites/the internet which would allow sales.

Further AD's are permitted to display their contact information, including email addresses, location addresses, directions, and phone numbers.

Additionally, AD's are permitted to take and fulfill orders via mail, or via phone. As neither of those are internet transactions.

So, one can call an Authorized Dealer in another state in the US and purchase a watch via phone, possibily avoiding the expense of sales tax. In fact, it's possible for people outside the US to also call a US dealer and do the same, but they'd have to pay any Customs or other taxes as dictated by the place they live.

Sam has passed along information to an AD, if he's the same fellow I know, you'll have a great experience.

I hope this post has clarified things somewhat in your mind.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE