The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

If you're unhappy, Omega are unhappy (more/long)

(Also posted in reply to the same post on TZ\Omega)

I bought a new SMP chronometer a couple of months ago, and was a bit disappointed to find that it consistently lost 4 seconds per day, irrespective of positioning. Also, like your's, the date change was off, happening at about 7 minutes to midnight every night.

I emailed Omega in Switzerland about it, and a representative of their service dept said that while -4/day was within COSC spec, Omega themselves would be unhappy with an SMP that ran outside 0 to +2/day, especially one that ran slow, and that I should contact their service dept in the UK to have it corrected.

I gave them a call, and they agreed. They said that if I shipped it to them, they could do the work, re-seal the watch for water resistence and turn it around in ten days. Which they did. And now I'm absolutely delighted with it. In the two weeks since I got it back, it has gained just one second, and it's now changing date just after midnight. It was returned to me with a very contrite letter from the head of Omega's UK service team, "hoping that [my] confidence in Omega had been restored".

The point I'm trying to make is that Omega will bend over backwards to make things right if you're unhappy for any reason. In my case they could have quite easily said, "It's within spec, get lost", but they didn't. I got the impression that if I wasn't happy -- they weren't happy.

So my advice is simple. Drop them a line. And let us know how you get on.

HTH.

Glenn

Messages In This Thread

TIBOR...Dust Particles, what's going on?
Re: Omega Hands Disappointment
If you're unhappy, Omega are unhappy (more/long)
my answer (repost from Omega-Forum, TZ)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE