The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: I have a couple - C'mon guys plug your watchma *LINK*

Steve
Thanks so much. Chuck actually recommended Shane to me a while back, for repairs on a couple of other watches I found (a Heuer Carrera-style chrono with a Champion logo and a Letour (?) with an f1 logo). I dawdled a bit on sending them out and then my computer crashed.

Ånd no, I'm not going to do trash the Constellation. It seems to be something very close to a BA 168,029 which can be found on the lower right of page 17 of Desmond Guilfoyle's very informative guide linked below.

It's a C-shaped solid gold case, day date in English, knurled bezel, gold or champagne colored dial, applied markers and logo. The caseback is stainless with a gold Constellation logo, and it's currently got a leather band. I guess the movement is a 751. The markings on the dial are slightly different than the ones pictured--Constellation/Automatic appear just below the appplied Omega logo above the hands. Below the hands is an applied "Omega" with Chronometer/Officially Certified below.

It's quite an attractive watch although a bit too dressy for me, and it's in excellent cosmetic condition, and was running perfectly right until it was dropped from a height of a couple of feet onto a wood floor. I have no real sentimental attachement to the watch--I bought it couple year ago (Dad wore Timexes.) Ironically though, its remarkably similar to one of my first watches from high school--a stainess, blue dial TImex with an almost identical c-shaped case.

If any of you really are looking for this watch, I might be interested in selling it or trading it toward another Omega like a Seamaster or Speedmaster chrono.

I apologize for the long post, and thanks so much for the information and the hospitality.

best
Allen St. John

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE