The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: The case seems to be a little on the... *LINK*

: The case seems to be a little on the rough
: side, but it's been a LONG LONG time since
: I've seen anyone pay less than $1,000 for
: any stripe of moonwatch, so you probably did
: well on price.

: Post some pictures when you get the watch in
: house and we'll go over it in detail.

: Congratulations!

: -- Chuck

Chuck
Thanks for the encouragment. I'm looking for a daily wearer watch so a few marks and such don't bother me. I just wanted to make sure that all the people who didn't bid on this watch didn't see a big problem that I missed.

I got the impression from e-bay completed sales that a Speedy under $1k was pretty rare. I think this one slipped through because of a reasonably high initial bid, no pic on the search page, and the fact that it closed very late on Easter Sunday (and Sopranos) Sunday.

There's a pretty similar watch (see link below) that's over $900 with 8 hours left and over 10 bidders already watching it.

It's about $400 less than the cheapest Speedys I've seen lately, so there's some wiggle room for getting it cleaned and getting a new crystal or whatever. It's nice to have the bracelet, but I think I'll probably end up wearing it on a band--probably a Hirsch Professional.

No Easter Bunny Bargains in the guitar world--a 1939 martin 00-18 that we all expected *might* go for $6000, went for $11,300, demolishing the old record for a 30s 00.

Thanks again.
Allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE