The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

R ... rotor numbers *PICS*

Hi Guys,

I have a MK III with an "R" marked Rotor. The movement number is on the Rotor & not on the movement.

Here's my movement ( I deliberately blurred some of the movement number :-) but the rest of the blurs are not deliberate :-( ) :-

A couple of years ago, I asked Omega for the details of my watch. All they could/would reply is that "R" rotors are replacements. This has been fitted after the watch left the factory. They keep no records of these Rotors/movements & cannot tell you when they were manufactured/sold.

You have no way of knowing if the entire movement was swapped or just the Rotor. ( but I have a theory here - see below )

I have seen 1040/1041 movements with only "Omega Swiss" on the rotor. Theory :- Could it be that these are replacement Rotors ? & the replacement Movements have "R" rotors.

Here's an example

This in itself is an interesting movement/picture.

It is clearly marked 1040. But I can see marking indicating "two Jewels" "Positions" & "perature". So this appears to be a mix of 1040 & 1041 parts. ( This movement was being sold with a used Speedy 125 - 1041 dial & handset )

The Rotor however is a different shape & has none of the usual markings.

This is the picture, of a 1040 movement, that Chuck has in his Omega "Mark" speedmaster article.

As you can see the rotor shape is the same as the "unmarked" rotor & different to the "R" Rotors.

So, to sum it up. There are 3 types of Rotor.

• "Normal" - with a movement number on it. Omega have details of these movements.
  • "Unmarked" - Same shape as "normal", only stamped with "Omega Swiss". I don't know enough about these.
  • "R" Rotors - replacements , different shape. There are no details/records available for these Rotors/Movements.

I hope this helps a bit.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE