The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: WAT and WHY: Cosmic Constellation Questions *LINK*

Totally agree. This case is actually for a 1011 movement - notice the difference in the script. Its the post 751 script as the C-shaped 751s had the original Connie serifs.

This guy is a cockroach of the first order and it is truly a mystery how has has achieved the feedback score he has. There must be a lot of neophyte buyers out there

Cheers

Desmond

Somehow he's got hold of a 168.005 case back and then pulled out any old bit from the drawer
: Here's my WAT day addition.
: It's a 60s/70s Constellation, quite a bit like
: one that I own. Mine has an attractive
: fluted bezel and the Omega up top and the
: Constellation text below.
: Anyway, it looks straight up to me. But rather
: typcially, there's no action on it despite
: its low price.
: So why don't these Connies get any respect?
: They sport a very nice 751 automatic
: movement. To my eye, the cushion/tonneau
: case is quite attractive--a little bit
: unsual without being downright funky like
: other Omegas of the day.
: It also wears well--it's a nice medium size
: watch, and both the time and day date are
: legible. It's a really nice dress watch,
: with a chronometer movement for the
: collector, and an elegant and understated
: look that would complement a nice suit or
: even a tux.
: And yet, this one can't fetch $400.
: If it were a similar Rolex--and it could be
: mistaken for an Oyster Datejust from a
: distance--it would fetch a healthy four
: figure sum. Same if it were an earlier
: Connie, even without the pie pan dial. But
: this model gets no love. WAT, I mean, what
: am I missing?

: best
: Allen St. John

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE