The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: That watch has been "frankened"

Oooh I jumped back when I saw that dial....because most 751s Ive seen have the pre-changeover serifs in the Constellation script. Interesting to know the movement serial number on yours as I think its one of the very late pre-1000 series C-Shapes.

The knurled bezel may be a clue as that may signify the point at which the script changed. I can also see Swiss Made but is it sandwiched between two Ts?

To respond to your question, I think the C-shaped solid gold knurled bezel with the cal 751 is a bit of a sleeper. 751s generally are for some reason - funny because the base model for both 564 and 751 is the cal 563

Certainly now the 564 stainless C-shapes with the stainless brickwork bracelets are picking up in price....and IMO they look great. I have a solid 18k C with factory bracelet and its one of my favourites.

Of course there's nothing nicer than a Piepan in the 168.005.....but for me the Cs do something. There's a few youngsters into them judging from the emails I receive through my blog.

Cheers

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE