The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

One Piece At A Time...

: What I
: see here is a Pre-Moon dial in a post 1966?

Yes, and that's wrong...

: case with a cal 861 and a 1967
: caseback...

And Omega didn't start using the c.861 until 1968, and never used a pre-pro dial on a 145.012 or an c.861 Speedmaster.

: perhaps to match the dial.

John, it's pretty simple... This is a parts bin watch... A watch assembled from what the fellow had on hand. Any one of these would be enough for me to skip it unless it was priced cheap enough for me to strip it and customize it.

: Am I
: right? Are there other things I should be
: noticing about this watch?

Parts of the movement look great, while parts next to those parts look AWFUL and very tired. The chrono second hand is from a 105.003 or 105.012 while the movement is probably from a 1970 or later c.861. It's like Johnny Cash's song "One Piece at a Time"...

: I would like to
: learn more about older Speedmasters, so
: please chime in.

: Thanks - John.

Hope this helps!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE