The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

A lovely watch Alistair

Hi Alistair,

That's a great watch. I have a 105.003-64 which is very similar. I find I wear mine more than the later Speedies that I have. It is lighter & more flimsier, but I prefer it somehow. I have mine on a 7912 bracelet.

I can't see much wrong with yours at all.

All I can see on yours that is wrong is the Bezel is a later replacement. For your watch the dot at the "70" marker should be at the bottom right corner of the zero, the "275" should be almost touching the dot below "300" & the first "E" in "Tachymetre" should have an accent above it, like this => È.

The centre second hand should be the spear shaped hand. You can get these new, but to be honest a new on that watch wouldn't look right.

& of course the pusher.

The rest looks fine.

Have you had the back off yet ? do you know which model/year it is ?

There are a number of bracelets that could have been fitted to the watch.

You should be looking for one of the following 1035, 1501, 1506, 7912.

7912's are now VERY expensive, 1035's are a bit cheaper & you rarely see 1501 or 1506's ( they are even cheaper though )

If you find a bracelet. Make sure it has endpieces. ( marked either 6 or 16 ) these again are VERY rare I have seen a single endpiece for sale for $100.

I bought a Seamaster Deville with a 7912 on it for $450 & sold the watch on. ( & that was a couple of years ago ). I think you will be lucky to find a 7912 for much under $700 nowadays. I've seen 1035's with endpieces fetching north of $500.

Here's a picture of my 105.003 ( fitted with a Pulsations bezel.... I too am looking for the "right one" )

All the Best

Steve

Messages In This Thread

I finally bought an old Speedmaster
A lovely watch Alistair
Re: I finally bought an old Speedmaster
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE