The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

All sorts of questions...thanks CajunMike!

Thanks Cajun Mike for the response. Now I can stop worrying!

I do have a couple other questions for you or anyone else. Where do you go to buy genuine Omega products such as OEM watch bands, cleaning tools, spare parts and promotional stuff? I tell you what I want...I want that rubber/neoprene black divers band for the watch(2254.50.00) the case opener that's made just for my watch, a good cleaning kit for scratches and overall cleaning( I heard that a medium grade Satin Finsih bar from TZ tools is the way to go instead of the Scoth-Brite pads) and an embroidered hat or a shirt would be cool to show off my new purchase...yes that's cheesy but I love my watch! I also would like to know how long it takes Omega to get back to you when you send them a question or two. I sent them an e-mail asking about the manufacture date of my watch and to also make sure that it is indeed an original Omega be sending them the serial number off of the case. I haven't heard back from them and it's been almost a month. Two last questions that I know at least one has been addressed before in earlier posts but how tight should I tighten the crown and helium escape valve? I have tightened mine pretty tight by hand. This shouldn't hurt the seals or threads should it? What modifications does Omega perform to the base ETA 2892 before they put it into the Seamaster and call it the 1120? I find myself staring at my watch at work in fascination of the workmanship invloved in making it and want to learn as much as I can. One last question...what really makes my watch worth $2000.00. I mean you can buy many nice watches for much, much less. Why is an Omega so expensive? Why is an Omega worth more than say a Tag or a Tissot?

Thanks all for your help and advice!

HightechJunkie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE