The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: SKW-Anyone have any experiences with this comp

My friend wire transferred $2,359 on January 12, 2007. Here is their confirmation:

The entire SKW team thanks you for your order. We will inform you about the delivery time as soon as possible.
===RECAP OF YOUR ORDER===
Model: MOD. ET 492 Action: none price: $2359 quantity: 1 subtotal: 2359
shipping: Airmail (free)
===TOTAL: $2359 ===
please, do not forget to ask your bank to wire the full "TOTAL" amount to our bank:
ABN-AMRO BANK
Coolsingel street 119
3000 - DD ROTTERDAM
The Netherlands
Swift: ABNANL2A
Iban No. : NL41ABNA0501649581
Account No. 50 16 49 581 ILM GROUP
thanks!"

After that, he heard nothing. He contacted "Linda Meyer" after several weeks. She replied back several weeks later with this:

"Please accept our apologies for our late reply. We have a new anti spam and several messages are unfortunately deleted.
We are still waiting for a delivery for the ordered model.
If we do not receive it in May we will credit your account.
Thank you for your reply.
Kind regards.
Linda Meyer .- sales"

Then, nothing for months, until he received this:

"Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies for our late reply.

I have checked. It seems that your watch had been shipped several weeks ago. Linda Meyer is on vacation yet. Please give me more information.

Please do not worry all our goods are insured.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards.
Robert Stanton"

My friend asked what information SKW needed, and Robert replied with this:

"Thank you for your reply.

I will check and do all necessary.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards.
Robert"

That is the last my friend heard from SKW.

So, if anyone wants to give up thousands of dollars, just go to SKW.net. They will be sure to give you the runaround and only deliver merchandise when it suits them. NEVER do a wire transfer. Once the money is out of your bank account, you have NO legal action to get it back since you are the one who authorized it in the first place.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE