The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Unsatisfactory Quality of Omega seamaster 300m chronograph *PIC*

i bought an omega seamaster 300m diver chronograph (james bond series) in early may 2008. at first i was very happy with it because it's an Omega with all the perfection that comes with it.

but after 1 month of careful use (as it is part of my watch collection) the bracelet link at the watchcase lugs starts to show a gradual increase of gap tolerance and that section has some freeplay. i took it back to the watch shop where my omega is bought from. I compared with other oemaga of the same series to see if this matter/problem is normal in other seamaster watches. i've found that other seamaster does not have that problem. so it's comfirmed that this is a manufacturer's defect.

i had worked as an design engineer in a research and development dept of JVC malaysia. i'm knowledgable about mechanical/ohysical tolerances in a product which is intended or not intended to be.

i strongly believe such gap tolerance shouldn't be present in watches of swiss-made standards besides comparison has been made to other seamaster watches as well.

so right now i'm very disappointed with the quality of omega. i had wrote to omega representative in malaysia regarding this matter and still waiting for reply. i wish to make a warrantee claim and have this defective watch replaced. i regard this as a market claim.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE