The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Ladies DeVille Watch
In Response To: Re: Ladies DeVille Watch ()

: Yes I did say I would take photos but no-one replied to even
: acknowledge my post! I am not (as you probably are aware) a
: watch expert. The watch is in working order and runs with a
: battery. I would be very reluctant to open the back myself so
: would probably need to take it in somewhere. I am not
: particularly interest in the financial value rather than the
: history. I feel I need to explain this in order to answer your
: posts to me.
: N

A ladies quartz Deville . . . "It is black and gold, has a round face with black background and gold lines to indicate numbers. The strap is mainly black metal with gold, The clasp is black with the omega letter on it. The back of the face has DeVille on it with a kind of raised "house" on it."

With photographs we could better tie down the year. There are old catalogs available online which may contain watches similar to yours, and the catalogs are dated and sometimes include the retail price in force at the time.

The serial number may be on the back of the watch; it may be on the "lug" closest to 7 o'clock (on watches after 1998); it is always on the movement and sometimes on the caseback. The serial number prior to 1995 gives a pretty good idea of the year of production; after that it becomes less accurate.

I am curious as to what "black metal" is . . . .

We want to help, but . . . it's like getting someone to tell you about a car. "It's red and it has those things -- fins on the back". I can tell you it is probably from the 1950s because that's when cars had fins, but couldn't tell you much else.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE