The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Sending Speedy back to Bienne

: I'm starting to think that too, also rather not deal with customs
: and wait for months to get it back. I've been looking at some
: old posts and have come up with a few possible repairmen:
: WatchMaker Dave, RGM Watch, Shane Ede. Any more good
: recommendations in the US?
: I'm not sure of the repair history of my Speedster, I bought it
: used on eBay awhile back, so I'm figuring it probably needs a
: good tune-up and oil change. Maybe I'll just take it out to the
: garage and spray Gumout into it? Just kidding.

Just a few thoughts Steve. I'm far from an expert and have never sent anything to Bienne. I use the Atlanta Service Center.
Just sending it halfway round the world comes with risks. The likelihood of it getting lost, damaged or stolen goes up with the
distance and length in transit. Its a common watch that is still being manufactured and the spares are readily available almost
anywhere with a competent watchmaker. For simple things and watches other than Omega, I use my watchmaker in Charleston,SC
and for the Omegas I use the service center and have had no problems at all. It was also cheaper than the quoted price for
and overhaul in Bienne. Add in shipping and insurance and it was much cheaper. If I had a rare Omega that needed an entire
restoration, then Bienne would be an option, but not on a fairly common watch.
I'd do what I felt comfortable with but check out other options. Just my thoughts.
jim

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE