The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Some interesting tidbits about Ashford....
In Response To: tag heuer/ashford.com ()

: ss/gold from ashford.com and just so happen
: to live in Houston, TX. Which of course
: means that I have the luxury of driving to
: ashford.com's retail store and viewing the

It also means that you have the 'luxury' of paying any Texas sales taxes on the watch--which you would not if you bought the watch from a dealer who does not have a physical presence in the state where you live.

: I spoke briefly with an official TAG HEUER USA
: sales person and she said that she was not
: aware of variations such as these in watches
: manufactured by TAG HEUER.

Not aware of Ashford ever selling any inauthentic watches. Neither do I have any reason to suspect that a publicly traded business of good reputation like theirs would deal in bogus merchandise.

But...

I do know that on some brands that Ashford is not authorized for, they may be getting some/many of their authentic watches from distributors *outside* the USA.

On a couple of Omega watches we checked the serial numbers on, we discovered that the watches came through a distributor in Croatia! Further, Ashford has been seen carrying a few Omega models or model variations not available in the USA.

So what you might be seeing is a non-USA targeted model variation of that TAG--which could explain why TAG USA people were not aware of it.

But ultimately, why don't you simply ask Ashford directly? And when you get an answer, please let us know here so we can help better educate the public.

Messages In This Thread

tag heuer/ashford.com
Some interesting tidbits about Ashford....
Re: Some interesting tidbits about Ashford....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE