The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Clyde ;......

: all
: these accuracy questions!

You certainly have some problem which is symptomized by over sensitivity to accuracy questions in particular. About a week or so you blamed me too for being meticulous to watch accuracy.
I'd like to remind you that a large amount of questions at this (and others) forum are repeating over & over many times and I've never seen any complaints about it. This is one of the forums' attributes, that having Newbies all the time, asking questions that many former Newbies did ask in the past. These questions spread over all the issues, like accuracy, bracelets/links problems, scratches, dial colors, model vs model, water resistance problems and many other countless questions.
Besides, you should remember that for many people a watch is still, aside other qualities, a tool that meant to show time, so what is more natural for them than desiring it to be accurate, and the more is better.
Personally speaking, after more than 20 years having quartz watches with superb accuracy that needed be set only twice a year, buying a chronometer that slows down 2-3 sec/day, it has taken a while to get used to it.

I haven't meant to offence, but only to clarify that, in general, on this forum it is expected to have repeated questions, and in particular, that accuracy thing is still an important point for many people.

Best regards, Baruch.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE