The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Love it or hate it.

I saw this awhile ago on TZ myself and fell in love but figured that it was some sort knockoff or something. What is odd is that I have never cared for the Monaco at all or square/rectangular watches. This is kind of strange because Steve McQueen and the movie LeMans are what sparked my interest in and now love of vintage Heuers. Anyway I think that this new dial looks great from the standpoint of being very bold in a classy sort of way (if that makes any sense). I also like it for its graphic qualities and last its association with Gulf racing livery. Another point I think is interesting the background color is white similar to the overalls that the drivers wore (like McQueen) as opposed to the light blue that I think most all of the cars were painted.

As for the limited edition thing I would agree in the fact that many “limited editions” from any company are nothing other than the marketing division looking for something new to promote and get people into the store/dealership. I also agree that almost the only true limited editions are those that are not marketed as such. Porsche like Tag also has a habit of doing that espeiscaly in the seventies and eighties.

So in the end I love it and hate it at the same time. I guess that means I’ll buy one used.

Eddie Kurth

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE