The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My First Heuer!

I've been enjoying reading here for awhile, but I finally have a reason to post. On Monday, I received my first Heuer, a 510.501. I'm generally an Omega guy, but my interest in Heuer has been growing. I'm also suffering from a bit of 5100 fever, so this one seemed like a suitable start.

As you can see, it was used as it was intended. It's always nice to find them in perfect condition, but I can't fault this one for having been worn. The original bracelet is long gone, and the case is not without its nicks and dings. The PVD has faded to a fine shade of grey. I think it just hit its sweet spot.

Here are a few pics:

I'm really enjoying this thing. It's built like a tank and has an incredibly clean dial. I actually have my second Heuer on the way and I can't wait. I guess I'm officially a fan.

A special thanks goes to Chuck. Not only has he been his normal helpful self, but when we discovered we were both watching this one, he bowed out, so that I could get my first Heuer on my wrist. Thanks, again.

eric

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE