The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Date / Day-Date ?Back cover
In Response To: Re: Date / Day-Date ? ? ? ? ()

: Thanks for clarifying, Jeff. I suppose it makes
: sense to offer Date and Day-Date models.
: What gets confusing is offering what seems
: to be the same Date model, but with a
: different seperation between
: "Heuer" and "Automatic,"
: as in Chuck's pewter examples here:

: I agree about the cleaner dial, though I'm sure
: I'd take 'em either way. I know what day it
: is, at least four days out of the week =)

: Man, good question. There are a whole slew of
: Carreras I'd like to have, and Chuck tells
: me I need an Autavia ;-) I'm sure there
: are plenty that I don't even know I want,
: yet!
-------------------
If I may.
The photo you posted of the 2 .
Are the back covers the same? I have wondered about this my self.

My date onlys are like these and one 2 have a Tag Heuer back, 1 has a Heuer back and all the rest have the plain back with the reg. #s we all know.
I have always thought the the non stamped backs where 1st then the stamped then thay sold to T.A.G. and stamped the backs Tag Heuer an used up the remaning cases.
One thing Omega keeps good records. Heuer has not seen fit to do what Omega has done. So we have to work hard to figuer things out with our Loved Heuers.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE