The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Date / Day-Date ? ? ? ?
In Response To: Love the Green Guy, Jeff ()

I believe that the day-only and the day-date were offered side-by-side, as options in models that were otherwise identical. In terms of scarcity / numbers produced, I would think that they are about the same.

my own personal preference is for the "day-only" version, though I am also happy with the "day-date". the "day-only" keeps the dial cleaner and I usually can tell you the "day", though I often won't know the "date".

So what's next on your "Heuer hit list"?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I love the Green Guy, Jeff! It looks like it's
: been well loved. Hopefully, there's another
: one out there, somewhere.

: I'm still trying to get my head around the Date
: and Day-Date models. Did Heuer offer these
: side-by-side or did they offer one for
: awhile, then the other? Is one or the other
: more common?

: Thanks for the warm welcome, and for all that
: you and Chuck do here. OTD is just an
: absolutely amazing resource.

: eric

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE