The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Submariner 5513 which I am wearing right now! *PIC*

I have owned/sold almost as many chronograph watches as Jeff but not Chuck and I have had a Submariner 5513 (non date) 1968 for about a year and I am afraid I have hardly ever taken it off?

Why?

Because it is pretty hard to damage them and the parts are feely available.

It is a design classic and I suspect that David likes the appeal. In Europe Rolex watches are not as prevalent as they were in the US during the 50's,60's and 70's as nobody had any money post war. So I know I like them for their simple good looks. Not all of them! Maybe 10 models from thousands but the ones David has are in the top 10.

However I just can't see that Explorer 2 being worth the cash. It is a good looking watch but not for me that is where my opinion and Jeff's coincide.

Good job though and a tough selection to do it with.....

AL

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE