The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Laws of physics and I'm not with NASA *LINK*

First I'm not with NASA and thought this was a friendly forum. I'm not with Enron so what I say one way or the other will not add up to a hill of beans. BUT the laws of physics and watch making are on my side for what it's worth . I did Chuck's experiment after doing some calculations on human stride etc.. and found that I was correct. I was going to use a micro rotor but I thought it would be better to use something more modern. The Tag Heuer 2894-2 Automatic Chronograph movement. So I hope this youtube thing works .When I moved it the length of a normal stride ( on Earth not in space )it did not wind but when I moved it just a few inches it wound the movement . Here is the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=mOGI-4N_5i4 Automatics do not work AS WELL! in Space or how I learned to love the bomb!

: I don't see anything anywhere to lead me to
: believe that an automatic would not work
: perfectly in space. If anything, inertia
: given to the watch rotor would not be
: countered by gravity, so the most simple
: movement in any direction can contribute to
: winding the watch.

: Colonel Pogue certainly had no trouble with his
: Seiko, and your "evidence" based
: on Reinhard Furrer wearing another watch is
: flimsy at best considering that all
: astronauts usually wear two watches. Also,
: let's not forget that Fortis has been
: providing the Russian space agency with
: watches powered by automatic movements for
: more than a decade. If there was any issue
: with those, I think we might have heard
: about it by now...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE