The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera *PIC*

Yes I had thought about the relume, I dont know a reputable place to get it done at. I am also worried it would change the originality, thats why I was hoping I could locate someone with a NOS or close to NOS dial which could even be in a different color , as long as it came from the same era. I am also in search of some original hands that came from the same era. As for the crystal, would my jeweler need to take it off the watch from the inside in order to polish it? Abel, any luck locaing a case back? I dont want you to go out of your way to find one, but if you stumble upon one in your travels please let me know.

I rotated the watch so it can be seen at a different angle. Attached is a TAG Heuer strap, I know, not very original but it works. I do want to get an original heuer leather racing strap with the holes in it. So if anyone knows about one of those please advise too. I have the original steel bracelet but I feel that interferes with the focus and attention to the watch. The leather strap helps the watch as TIM Temple would say "POP of your wrist." He's the watch guy from The Watch Show on shop at home tv.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE