The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two of mine in memory of Chuck...

As I reflect on my chronograph collection, its hard to say which watch acquisition Chuck didn’t influence …even when I didn’t seek his direct consult, I would always search for his opinion and expert advise on newsgroup posts before I engaged in any purchase.
I am posting two watches, which I highly attribute to Chuck’s influence and will live on in the “Chuck Made Me Buy It” column.

First, my Heuer Pasadena (non-Pasadena)…this was my first Heuer, first vintage and first chrono watch…the watch that started my interest in collecting chronos and other watches. The watch pictured is actually my second Pasadena…I foolishly let the first one go a few years ago when my interest waned a bit, only to find myself searching for the exact same watch a few months later (which I luckily found). After purchasing my second Pasadena Chuck was very helpful in connecting me with Shane Ede in Toronto who serviced and cleaned the watch to nearly new spec. I know that Chuck was especially fond of his Pasadenas and often mentioned how his non-PVD Pasadena was one of his daily wearers.

Second, my Bell & Ross Space Two (Sinn 157) titanium…this is my grail tool watch. Chuck made me buy this one too. After reading so much of his opinion and review of the Lemania 5100, my interest in this tool movement piqued and I began my search. I too am convinced, like Chuck, that the Lemania 5100 is one of the most robust and functional chrono movements. Top it off with a Ti case and Ti bracelet and it doesn’t get any better for me.

Thanks Chuck for your assistance over the years. I will continue to draw from your vast knowledge that lives on in your newsgroups posts, and I look forward to learning more from information that I have yet to discover. I am certain that you will continue to inform and influence my growing chrono collection!
In peace,
Lou
EM3

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE