The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Time to Read the Fine Print (Again)

Thanks for this clarification.

Last time I studied the "fine print" in the PayPal agreement / terms of use, it was clear that sellers were subject to charge-back risk (at least if the payment was funded with a credit card). Thus, sellers were exposed to receiving payment, shipping the goods, and then facing a charge-back / losing the money that had been received. There may have been some complexities, and methods that properly protected the sellers, but the details were very complicated -- to understand or to use, in an auction.

As a seller, I have never accepted PayPal . . . maybe it's time to read the fine print again, or find some other market for the handful of items that I sell. Has anyone analyzed the charge-back issue, to determine whether sellers are at risk, when they accept PayPal, funded with a credit card?

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE