The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: HOW DO YOU "like" NEW EBAY SYSTEM

I've sold a couple of items using the new system. Overall, it doesn't bug me as much as the changes which mean auction bidders are not named - which is an open invitation to shilling, in my book. I have always accepted PayPal as a payment option, because you get more bidders that way. There is a certain amount of seller protection, as long as you ship via approved methods; I keep no money in my PayPal account, and only link to my credit card account, so if there is a chargeback., I should at least have my credit card issuers on my side - and they have always been supportive with problems in the past. Fingers crossed.

I agree not being able to leave a neg is a pain. But the only neg I have received in 150 transactions was via retaliation from a seller, so if this had happened before I would have benefited.

I know nothing about the 'zero shipping costs'. I suspect this is an exaggeration. I add a modest amount to shipping, a couple of bucks to cover the bubble wrap which keeps falling out of cupboards when I open them, and there seem to be no proposals to chance this.

What concerns me most overall is PayPal's scalping of fees, on exchange rates, and worst of all, on taking a commission on payments from a paypal balance (from which they've already received one lot of commission).

: I personally think the new ebay system in:

: - not being able to provide negative feedback

: - forcing to sell with zero shipping costs

: - forcing to pay via paypal

: is the END of this system.

: What do you think?

: rgds
: A

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE