The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: We Will Ask Abel for a Report
In Response To: We Will Ask Abel for a Report ()

Hello guys.

I've only been reading posts these last couple of weeks...due to lack of time I've not been posting comments and did not participate in some other discussions...However, when I saw this post I really needed the reply :-)

Well, I have two Diver 100 Autavia's at this moment. One completely NOS (thanks again Jeff), the other one is for sale at this moment. I guess there are some 10-12 examples of these present in the private collections of the members who post on this forum. I also think it's a good idea to keep record of them! Work to do Jeff :-)

Anyway, I received a couple of offers around 3500-3600 euro. Asking 3750 euro is a fair price in my eyes. I know three other divers have been sold very recently. One example at 3500 euro, two NOS ones each at 4000 euro. All with original bracelet.

So, about the prices I cannot say much. I read Arno's post about a NOS Siffert selling for more as $7000. In my eyes a Diver 100 is worth as much, even more. I also guess the prices of the Mint and NOS watches will keep on rising and rising. We had this discussion some few weeks ago and also last week Arno made this remark. My experience these last couple of weeks/months is that vintage Heuer watches raise not as much money as one year ago, once again except for the real NOS and rare models. I know summertime is always a strange time to follow the market but I have not so good feeling towards the end of this year. Prices for the "common" and "usual" models will not raise much. People are getting focussed on quality and rarity. Thus NOS and Mint watches.

There was a very nice 1163MH in NOS-conditions for sale at ebay just recently at 1399 euro (from forum member)...it didn't sell and was on ebay for more than a week. It was a very very nice watch but not rare enough I guess. These type of watch was easily sold if listed half a year earlier.

The economical crisis in the US is also coming to the EU. Just an example...the price of electricity has increased with 60% in compairison to one year ago!! Altough prices seem to be stable at this moment...people with money don't care much but people who do not have big savings or big income....they become scared for the future to come...

So, have to do some working again now. I'll be following these discussions each day...posting and participating if I can...

Groetjes,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE