The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Vintage Breitling Forum -- Let's Give It Some Thought

:
: No doubt, sometimes the sales politics of Breitling are very hard to understand. I am writting from a town which, on 6th and 7th September hosted the Red Bull Air Race, an event which, in part, is also supported by Breitling. The Race has a sell out items shop, with t-shirts, polars, caps of all kinds, and the assorted type of souvenirs linked to this sort of event. In two days it is estimated that over, 1,2 million people assisted this event. I tried, throughoutly, find where I could buy a Breitling cap, as I had one, but lost it in a regatta event, when an extra strong just of wind blew it to the sea. No way! I contacted the local representative of Breitling, by e-mail, as Breitling itself does not provide an e-mail contact to their office, in Switzerland. Up till today I am still waiting for an answer, from the reprtesentative stated in Breitling URL, as being the one whom I should to adress to, in my country. I have a Vintage Breitling no.789278/765, which I inherited a while ago, and wanted to determine when this watch was made. So far, not one single word.
Now, my comment is: I am not used to be treated this way by no other credible watch maker. Just try to open the URL of Seiko, Swatch, or Tissot, and they provide you with all the information you require and very fast. It just looks like Breitling just wants to get your monney, and thence you do not count any more, as a client, but as a sucker, to be "milked" eventually. If this is the kind of thinking of Breitling I do not foresee a very nice future for them. They might be very good watch makers, but nothing quite like Vacheron & Constintin or Rolex ( just to name two) and they certainly do not act towards their clients, this way.
Thanks for the time you took in reading me.

António M. Graca
Vila Nova de Gaia,Portugal
+++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE