The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: However, when it comes to Politics and/or Religion . . .

[Hoping that Jeff's one-day allowance is valid today too with reference to this thread ;-)]

Hi Scott, in principle I agree we should not mix politics with our Heuer passion, but there have been other digressions in the past and, as Jeff pointed out, as long as it's once and good manners are not overridden...I clearly remember a very humorous and subtly political Christmas message by Chuck that I appreciated very much for its witticism.

Besides, rarely have I seen an election so hyped as this one, nor do I think we'll see another one even close very soon.
As a non-American, and although I did have a very strong personal preference for one of the candidates, I liked your original post a lot: no matter for whom, go out and cast your vote. That seems to be the very heart of democracy and sometimes we seem to forget that.
I have always been appalled by the low turnout rate at American elections, so I think your message was a proper one. Furthermore sometimes you get to choose between smart guys, and that's certainly a plus. With hindsight, a lot of Americans have followed your advice, isn't it?
Cheers.
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE