The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Monza 110.511 *PIC*

Morning

I'm posting a picture of a 110.511 Heuer Monza for the site experts and am looking for feedback to confirm or not if this is an original proper example of the watch as stated in the title? It looks ok to me but i havent seen one with the above ref before and the sub dials and HEUER MONZA wordng all appear to be slightly different on other vintage Monzas that i have seen (some have just HEUER or just MONZA on the dial). Can i asume this is a Cal 12? It comes with the PVD strap in addition, although again i'm not 100% if that is original as i havent seen one before and the originall booklet and box, so am hopeful this is an original and genuine exmample.

On a different slant, why is it that these watches do not have a simnilar following to Camaro's, Autavias etc? They appear, to me at least, to represent good value for money at present and to my eye seem to be a very good looking watch, which still looks fresh and wearable.

Very grateful for any feedback inc general history on early Monzas...

Thanks

Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE