The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monza 110.511
In Response To: Re: Heuer Monza 110.511 ()

I can see "Enjoy the Silence" working at a wedding - time it so you hold your bride just when "All I ever wanted, all I ever needed, is here in my arms" plays, make out it was accidental and enjoy the brownie points for yea..week...well, a day or two maybe!!

I really like some of the re-issues:

The 3-dial is a default daily watch if I'm not wearing vintage, the MOP dial is a dress watch and the Jack Heuer 1964 is my favourite re-issue, I think they really had their design mojo working that day (i.e. they pretty much copied a 70s Carrera dial!). But I wouldn't have bought any of them if I didn't already have vintage watches. There's just something extra about the vintage watches that makes them seem less of a commodity (back then marketing was more in its infancy watch wise and seemingly more innocent), and wearing them can be more rewarding.

So my vote is for vintage too. Of course, then the problem becomes stopping at one... Cal 15 Monza, chrome case Monza, hmmm the Monza dial I like is pretty similar to these 70s Carreras...and so on!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE